Venue: Weigh-in & opening days boxing St. Michael’s Boxing Club, Canal Walk, Flinter’s Close, Woodstock Street, Athy, Co. Kildare
Opening weigh-in : 9:30 – 11:00 am, Sunday March 15
Venue for second weekend of the competition to be confirmed before the tournament begins.
Dates: Weigh-in and opening bouts – Sun, March 15
Fri, March 20, if required
Semi-finals – Sat, March 21 Finals
Sun, March 22
Boxing: Contingent on entries, details to be announced after the draw.
- Novice (Male): 0-7 bouts and shall be not in boxing earlier than 2012
- Novice (Female): 0-3 bouts and shall be not in boxing earlier than 2012
- Intermediate (Male): 8-25 bouts
- Intermediate (Female): 4-10 bouts
- Senior (Male): 26+ bouts
- Senior (Female): 11+ bouts
- Re: Novice boxers – Any boxer who has had previous martial arts experience must be brought to the attention of the organizing committee.
- Boxers with 0-7 bouts are not eligible to compete as Novices if they have won third-level, provincial or National Novices Championships. These boxers will be classed as Intermediate. This is also the case for boxers with 8-25 bouts, if they have won third-level, provincial or National Intermediate Championships. These boxers will be classed as Senior.
- Novice & Intermediate (Male): 48kg, 51kg, 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, 64kg, 67kg, 71kg, 75kg, 81kg, 86kg, 91kg and 91+kg
- Novice & Intermediate (Female): 48kg, 51kg, 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, 64kg, 67kg, 71kg, 75kg, 81Kg & 81+kg
- Senior (Male): 49kg, 52kg, 56kg, 60kg, 64kg, 69kg, 75kg, 81kg, 91kg and 91+kg
- Senior (Female): 48Kg, 51Kg, 54Kg, 57Kg, 60Kg, 64Kg, 69Kg, 75Kg, 81Kg and 81+Kg
Qualifying Criteria: 1. Competition is open to all student boxers who are fully registered and hold a student card for the institution with which they are internally registered for the current academic year, Oct 2014 – Sep 2015.
2. Students must be pursuing a course of study that leads to an award ranked at a minimum of Level 6 on Quality and Qualifications Ireland’s (QQI) National Framework of Qualifications, or minimum Level 3 on the Northern Ireland National Qualifications Framework.
3. Boxers must have a boxing card from a club currently affiliated to the Irish Amateur Boxing Association.
4. Boxers born 1975-1996 inclusive.
- Entry fee is €15 payable at weigh-in
- Boxers must pre-enter by 5pm on Wednesday, March 11th
- Late entry will be accepted with a penalty fee of €30
- Female boxers must sign a pregnancy declaration form before entering
- Boxers must produce their boxing medical book and a valid student identification card for the current academic year
- Novice boxers weigh-in at the initial weigh-in and on the day of the finals. Intermediate and senior boxers weigh-in everyday they compete
Important – Entries will only be accepted from third-level institutions’ Sports Officers / Students Services Staff, or from secretaries of recognized third-level boxing clubs. Boxers can only compete with the permission of their academic institutions’ sports officer.
Entries are subject to vetting and it is a condition of entry that all competitors and officials shall have signed the IABA Waiver/Members Acknowledgement Form. Boxers must present themselves clean shaven and advise details of any medication they are taking or have taken in the preceding 4 weeks. All body piercings must be removed before attending the weigh-in. Hair clips cannot be used.
For females long hair must be contained by either a hair net or a bandanna under the head guard. Facial hair, beard or mustache, is not permitted under any circumstances. Boxers must have one red and one blue vest and head guard. Coaches must wear tracksuits and trainers at all sessions and endeavour to set a high standard of hygiene in the corners.
Gum Shields: Red and Orange colours are prohibited.
For details on how to enter this tournament, please register your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and information on the entry procedure will be provided.